Are your facilities high ceilinged, but narrow? Then CapLine is the perfect solution for you. The system is ideal for short and medium distances and originally developed for companies processing aseptic products, as simple HEPA unit are optionally.
FLEXIBLE AND MODULAR
PMW Engineering’s CapLine system is designed as replaceable and flexible standard modules, each module being easy to maintain, service and replace. The simple, modular design ensures less downtime for service and repairs. In small dairies – or on smal cap handling solutions at large dairies – the CapLine conveyor belt can be left out, leaving the CapLift to transport caps directly from the cap container to the cap-sorting unit.
- CapLift is made from stainless materials with a fibreglass container treated with FDA approved gelcote surfacing
- CapLift is powered by a 0.37 kW AC motor
- Available in two sizes: 140 mm (160L vol.) and 240 mm (310L vol.)
- The CapLift unit is totally enclosed for hygienically delivery.
- Available in two widths (Sizes): 140 mm and 240 mm
- CapLine is made from stainless materials and PC, while the belt is made from FDA approved materials
- CapLine are reversible
- Side outlet is available
- Hinged lids for easy cleaning
- Available in 600 0r 800 mm sizes
- Capacity varies from captype to captype, up to 13.000 caps per hour
- Cubic volume: 3 – 4 l
- Units powered by 0.25 kW AC gear motor, for security reasons mounted with built-in limited slip clutch
- Circulation direction R/L
ADVANTAGES OF THE CAPLINE SYSTEM
Cost-effective for short distances – can be placed close to filling machinery
Competetitive solution for short and medium transport distances
Easy change and almost costless format parts change.
STATIC TRANSPORT PREVENTS DUST
Unlike other Cap handling systems the CapLine system provides static transport of the caps. This means that caps are moved more gently and do not tent to loose their “slip agent” surface to their surroundings witch often creates dust. Overpressure created inside the conveyer belts, by optional HEPA filter unit, can enhance the effect. Thereby the CapLine system is the cleanest of our three cap-handeling solutions.
CAPLINE – STEP BY STEP
1. Caps filled into CapLift manually
Add caps to the feed system of the CapLift. By means of welded carriers, CapLift delivers the caps to the CapLine conveyor belt or directly into the cap-sorting unit, depending on the layout of the system.
The lift capacity is approx. 25000 UE – XE type caps/pr. hour. CapLine is equipped with a sen-sor that registers low cap level and connects to an orange flash-lamp to signal the low level.
2. The CapLine conveyor belt transports the caps to the sorting unit
Often, the CapLine conveyor belt runs below the ceiling along with pipelines etc. The belt conveys the caps to the sorting unit placed on side or top of the filling machinery, typically 5 metres above the floor. In other words, the CapLine conveyor belt requires a high-ceilinged room.
The CapLine can be delivered with cariers for inclined conveying up to 15 degrees.
The CapLine unit is totally enclosed for clean transportation.
For distribution to more than one unit a pneumatical side outlet is available.
3. Caps are sorted by CapSorter
CapSorter distributes caps into a dividing system, placing them with the hole facing up, ready to be received by cap-track leading directly to cap applicators installed in filling machines.
For your convenience the CapSort unit is equipped with a rotation monitoring function that stops the sorting process if a faulty cap or a foreign object should be trapped in the system. Programmatically the unit will then reverse for a number of times, solve the problem and then continue the sorting without further notice.